Nature and Scope
The Children’s Defense Fund (CDF) envisions a nation where marginalized children flourish, leaders prioritize
their well-being and communities wield the power to ensure they thrive. CDF’s Leave No Child Behind®
mission is to ensure every child a Healthy Start, a Head Start, a Fair Start, a Safe Start and a Moral Start in life
and successful passage to adulthood with the help of caring families and communities
We serve and advocate for the largest, most diverse generation in America: the 74 million children and youth
under the age of 18 and 30 million young adults under the age of 25, with particular attention to those living in
poverty and communities of color. CDF partners with policymakers, aligned organizations and funders in this
service. The Children’s Defense Fund is the only national, multi-issue advocacy organization working at the
intersection of child well-being and racial justice by wielding the moral authority of programmatic proximity and
community organizing to inform public policy. For more information visit www.childrensdefense.org.
The Site Testing Manager is responsible for the assessment of children, parents, and Servant Leader Interns at
a CDF Freedom Schools program site. Site Testing Managers administer individual reading assessments,
collect surveys, and submit all required data and forms to the Children’s Defense Fund. The Site Testing
Manager is responsible and best qualified to ensure objectivities and credibility of the CDF Freedom Schools
National Assessment initiative.
• Complete all required self-paced trainings that includes videos clips
• Administer individual reading tests for the first and the last weeks of the CDF Freedom Schools program.
• Collect surveys from children, parents and Servant Leader Interns for the last week of the CDF Freedom
• Submit test papers and surveys to the Children’s Defense Fund in a timely manner.
• Maintain communication with Site Coordinators/Project Directors at the program site where the National
Assessment is administered.
• NOT be affiliated with or employed by the CDF Freedom Schools program.
• Should be 4-year college graduates.
• Affiliated with a local sponsor institution: College/University, school district, and other
• Graduate/post graduate students majoring in education/psychology, current/retired school teachers, and
local University professors encouraged.
• Exhibit positive behavior and attitude. Model a mature and professional demeanor. Possess excellent
written and verbal skills.
• Strong appreciation and understanding of individual cultural history and the willingness to be open and
respectful of other cultures.
• Attention to detail and data collection processes.