Opening doors of opportunity for every child in Pennsylvania
If we want a good quality of life, high-quality jobs and a strong economy for Pennsylvania, we need to provide opportunities to every Pennsylvanian. Early education can open the doors of opportunity for every child to do well in school, in the workforce, and in life.
Our Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts pre-kindergarten program, established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, will make quality pre-kindergarten opportunities available to children and families across the commonwealth.
The Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts program:
Quality pre-kindergarten benefits children and families today and tomorrow, and greatly benefits Pennsylvania in the future.
What is Pre-K Program
Quality pre-kindergarten prepares children for reading and math, but also for paying attention, following directions, and getting along with others.
Enrolling your child in quality pre-k means your child has a better chance of being ready for kindergarten. With a strong early start in pre-k, they have a better chance doing well in school, going to college or career training, and getting a good job. All of this can start by enrolling your child in PA Pre- K Counts!
- Children who are between age 3 and until the entry age of kindergarten and live in families earning up to 300% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Each program offering Pre-K Counts classrooms has their own guidelines.
If your child falls into these categories,
you may be eligible to apply
What To Expect
PA Pre-K Counts classrooms will:
- Have teachers with the education & expertise to teach young children
- Use a curriculum that will help your child grow academically and socially
- Regularly review your child’s progress & choose teaching & learning activities that are best for your child
- Help you & your child adjust to pre-k and smoothly move on to kindergarten
- Offer a small class size so your child can have plenty of one-on-one time with the teacher
Applications can be filled out online or downloaded and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are additional resources.
Pre-K Counts Lead Teacher
PRE-K COUNT LEAD TEACHER RESURRECTED LIFE CHILDREN’S ACADEMY/ EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION – PRE-K, PRE SCHOOL JOB DESCRIPTION JOB PURPOSE: Develop and implement classroom programming within the context of the agency mission and philosophy and [...]
Early childhood Education – Pre K., Pre School Lead Teacher
JOB PURPOSE: Develop and implement classroom programming within the context of the agency mission and philosophy and current best practice to achieve the program goals and standards. Partner with parents to respond to each enrolled [...]