RCDC strives through prayer, reasoned promise, and action to work in fellowship with residents in developing the skills and resources, spiritual and secular, required to create an educationally, financially, and morally empowered community guided by the common pursuit of a secure, healthy, and safe lifestyle. RCDC is committed to creating communities of equity, excellence and empowered residents.
What we believe
- Unconditional respect is necessary in all human interactions.
- People have the capacity to change and solve their own problems when given the necessary support and conditions.
- To support people to change, one must meet people where they are and build mutually respectful and trusting relationships through open, honest, and consistent discourse.
- Community is a group of people who are consciously committed to going beyond their personal biases, attitudes, judgments, and opinions to achieve a shared vision that would otherwise be impossible.
- Bias around issues of race, class, gender, and language are serious issues facing our society, are deeply embedded within all informal and formal organizational systems and are usually not discussed. Talking and facilitating con- versation about them is necessary, not to lay blame, but to figure out better ways to improve systems, community well-being, and educate our children.
- It is necessary to model the improvement of practice through ongoing inquiry, honest reflection, critical review of performance, and corrective feedback.
If our beliefs and desire to support individuals and build strong communities resonates with you, consider joining us!
The Partnership Director sustains the Freedom School Partnership developed by the Resurrected Development Community Corporation, with particular emphasis on coalition building, fundraising and implementing the Freedom Schools’ model in the Lehigh Valley.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the Freedom School Partnership (30% of time)
- Facilitate monthly Freedom School Partnership meetings
- Communicate updates on Children’s Defense Fund and Freedom School sites
- Providing leadership and strategic direction to partnership committees
- Serve as the liaison between the sponsor organization(s), the program site(s), and the Freedom School Partnership
- Build new relationships and strengthen existing relationships with organizations, faith communities, and potential funders in the Lehigh Valley
- Assist Executive Director and FSP’s Finance Committee with grant writing and fundraising initiatives (50% of time) Implementation of Freedom Schools (20% of time)
- Provide direct leadership, support, management, and supervision for the Project Director and all site coordinators
- Oversee the submission of both the annual application and financial forms to CDF
- Work with Executive Director to recruit, hire and manage adequate staff to operate program(s)
- Facilitate recruitment process of students and families
- Support the planning and implementation of local training for program staff prior to and after the June Ella Baker Child Policy Training Institute, in partnership with the Executive Director, Project Director and Site Coordinators
The Partnership Director will establish programmatic safeguards and practices which prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other characteristic protected by state laws governing your state.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5-plus years of professional work experience in a range of the following: education administration, organizing community change, social services, or non-profit program management
- Strong appreciation and understanding of individual cultural history and the willingness to be open and respectful of other cultures
- Experience in grant writing and managing fundraising initiatives
- Administrative leadership skills and experience in managing, motivating, developing, and mediating an intergenerational staff and community partnerships
- Solid commitment to the success and well-being of children
- Spanish language proficiency preferred but not required
Compensation and Benefits
RCDC offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. It includes generous vacation and PTO, and monthly medical reimbursement option. This position is an exempt position based in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Resurrected Community Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity and practices equity and inclusion. People from all diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.